Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fringe was terrible.

...I watched the first episode on Hulu, and it was just dreadful. I was liveblogging as I watched, but lost steam even on that about halfway through, so I never posted it. Unfortunate. I could have used a new show.

But, at least we can all--finally--take comfort in the fact that a new season of American television has arrived (none of my British shows, save for The Sarah Jane Smith Adventures, will be back for a few more months). Sunny has kicked of their season with several double-episode blocks, for which I am very thankful. House is back, too, and more Hugh Laurie in this world is always a good thing. The Office premiere--though the writers continued their distressing trend of abusing the hour-long format to spread an episode far too thin--delivered consistent laughs. Also, Jim and Pam were so adorable that I hardly noticed the episode length. The presidential debates have forced me to the liquor store far too often this month, but being a little buzzed and extra-happy for the Daily Show and Colbert afterword makes it all worth it.

I am counting down the days untill 30 Rock returns, though. What the fuck, NBC? Why hold it back? Throw a bunch of Emmys at a show and that's how the network repays us. Blergh.

Has anyone seen a show from the new Fall lineup that merits a review here? Let me know.

No comments: